Quadrogen Power Systems, Inc. (www.quadrogen.com) is a privately held Canadian clean-tech company that designs, builds, and installs high performance gas clean-up and upgrading solutions for the renewable energy sector.
We are currently recruiting an Electrical Engineer/Technologist for our Burnaby office in BC, Canada. Quadrogen is committed to building a world class team and offers the unique environment to work with industry leading companies and institutions. Its experienced, close-knit team provides an excellent opportunity to learn, contribute, and grow into your role.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of engineers and technicians to design, develop, and implement renewable energy systems.
- Provide guidance and support to teams worldwide in the production of electrical drawings, hardware, site installations, and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the selection of instruments and control systems to optimize system performance and reliability.
- Support the building of equipment within the Burnaby facility by maintaining an electrical parts inventory, leading the electrical phase of the production, and performing point to point checks and factory acceptance testing.
- Maintain documentation of all equipment built, tested, and installed.
- Assist local technicians in troubleshooting installed equipment in the field.
- Virtually meet with and support contractors prior to and during the building of our worldwide plants to ensure compliance and accuracy of the installation.
- Support sales efforts by reviewing project specifications and local electrical codes.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of upgrades at the Burnaby facility.
- Occasional travel to sites for installation, startup, maintenance, and troubleshooting purposes.
Education & Experience:
- Electrical Engineering/Technologist Degree or EIT
- Past exposure to a hazardous area plant would be preferable.
- Hands on experience with tools and test equipment.
- History of successful troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office platforms.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, P&IDs, and instrument data sheets.
- Good familiarity with the Canadian Electrical Code and the National Electrical Code.
- Understanding of hazardous area codes and standards for the US and Canada would be a plus.
- Familiarity with valves, piping, process equipment & instrumentation
- Strong self-motivation and ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a high-pressure work environment.
- Able to collaborate and communicate well in a team environment.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org